MedBank helps eligible patients access large pharmaceutical company Patient Assistance Programs to obtain free medications. Referrals are accepted from physicians, hospitals and social service agencies by fax or mail. MedBank also operates on site services at several area clinics.
MedBank staff and volunteers assist each patient in completing an application for each individual prescription. After applications are signed by the patient and physician, MedBank submits all forms to the appropriate pharmaceutical companies. Each company will send the select medications to the physician’s office, where the patient may pick them up in as little as 10 days. Although MedBank does not provide emergency services, patients released from area hospitals and new patients may qualify for a 30-day supply or until the first shipment of medications arrives for them.
- Patient must be a resident of a participating county in Southeastern and Central Georgia.
- Patient must be diagnosed with a chronic illness (MedBank can apply for neither antibiotics nor narcotics).
- Patient must have NO prescription drug coverage or public entitlement.
- Patient and household members must provide required proof of income
- Patient must meet select company income criteria
For questions about whether or not you qualify, please contact MedBank Headquarters at 912-356-2898.
MedBank, a nonprofit enterprise, strives to improve the quality-of-life and collective health and well-being of the communities it serves. To that end, the organization provides access to vital medications to patients who, for a variety of socioeconomic reasons, otherwise could not obtain them.
Liz Longshore Stephens, Executive Director
Marge Owings, Case Specialist/Human Resources
Rebecca Major, Special Projects Coordinator
Stacey Blome, Case Specialist
Barbara Westerfield, Case Specialist
Ena Wilson, Case Specialist
Stephanie Alexander, Case Specialist